Hill International, Inc. Sr Structural Engineer in AF, Afghanistan
Advise the CRE on the Consultants and Contractors' compliance on Highway design and Construction issues including interphase with PMSC Design Manager.
2) Advise the CRE on design criteria, material quality and construction specifications, laboratory and field tests on materials, mixes and works for quality control, workmanship control and field equipment
3) Review the geometrical and over all road design including features and details with respect to all applicable components as per Contract provisions; review of asphalt concrete pavement design
4) Maintain records and assist with the day-to-day coordination and supervision of Project
5) Coordinate and review updated designs and cost estimates, in conjunction with the Senior Quantity Surveyor / Project Controls Manager, as prepared by the design consultants
6) Coordinate and supervise the work of field teams in supervising and certifying construction in accordance with contract conditions.
7) Conduct technical meetings with the counterparts and team members to efficiently address issues of concern.
8) Lead and (or) provide inputs for technical meetings with the design consultant on highway design issues and possible redesign / modification requirements in order to meet the codes and standards and functionality issues with strong emphasis on Safety-In-Design (SID).
9) Review design provided by the design consultant and provides comments in writing including compiling comments provided by other team members on structural design issues, within assigned review period.
10) Review designs and construction methods proposed to meet the Contract provisions with respect to highway construction, environmental, Health and Safety purviews
11) Work with the supervision team of national Engineer/s, Site inspector/s and other relevant staffs to ensure the construction works, plants, materials, mixes and workmanship on the highway works are in accordance with the Contract provisions and requirements.
12) Process RFIs related to highway works with the help of relevant staffs
13) Assist CRE to issue highway works related instructions, reviews, nonconformance and recommendations in conjunction with the Quality Management Representative.
14) Assist to witness, verify or review measurement of works and interim statements related to highway/ project works submitted by the Contractor, in conjunction with Senior Quantity Surveyor.
Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering. Post graduate degree in structural engineering is preferred
Minimum 12 years experience of which 10 years shall be in structural design of concrete transportation, drainage and retaining structures, on major road projects.
Experience in design and construction of bridges and other associated structures of road projects,
Experience on various structural designs and documentations including design of all required earthworks, pavements, retaining walls, drainage and any other required structures based on AASHTO Standards
Experience on supervision the work of field teams in supervising and certifying construction in accordance with contract conditions.
Exposure to geotechnical investigations related to bridges/ structures for design
Title: Sr Structural Engineer
Requisition ID: 16000950