People Technology & Processes Portal Administrator/Developer in Bagram, Afghanistan
Job Description: People, Technology & Processes has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, self-directed, Portal Administrator with an expertise in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 and SharePoint Server 2010. This position is in support of a Department of Defense (DoD) organization OCONUS in Afghanistan. This position is required to travel OCONUS for a minimum of one year.
The successful candidate must have experience of SharePoint Designer, InfoPath and Workflow. Be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner. The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts. The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users and will report directly to the Task Order Lead. The candidate will not be required to envelope webparts nor any development work.
Specifically, the Portal Administrator will be responsible for designing and maintaining web / portal pages for government proprietary networks (JWICS, SIPRNET, CENTRIX and NIPRNET). The Portal Administrator will be responsible for developing and managing interfaces for web based database access. The candidate will also support MS and Sun based operating systems, SharePoint, XML, WSDL, UDDI (to include installation and configuration of UDDI servers), and SOAP. The Portal Administrator will be responsible for providing recommendations to government management on the implementation of new web technologies to assist the organization with its intelligence dissemination. The Portal Administrator will be responsible for assisting in the development of the content management SOP and assist users in the operation of content management software. The Portal Administrator’s duties will be three fold; Administration, Development and Training. The specifics of these areas are broken out separately below:
- Develop and/or redesign SharePoint based portal architecture.
- Install and configure SharePoint infrastructure and any infrastructure-related computer programs.
- As directed by the Contracting Officer Representative/Performance Monitor, install, configure and maintain computer programs designed to enhance SharePoint functionality, including but not limited to security, search and retrieval, data protection, backup and recovery.
- Integrate SharePoint into existing IT infrastructure.
- Plan, design and implement SharePoint security including, but not limited to, authentication, security roles, user groups, audiences, and item level security.
- Plan, design and implement SharePoint data protection, backup and recovery.
- Plan and design improvements to SharePoint performance as directed by the Performance Monitor.
- Perform corrective SharePoint administration, configuration and maintenance as required.
Create documentation for any function performed under any competency as directed by the Task Manager. Development Duties:
Must have knowledge of SharePoint Designer, InfoPath and Workflow.
- Plan, design, implement and modify navigational and aesthetic changes to SharePoint pages as directed by the Performance Monitor.
- Modify SharePoint administrative/configuration settings in support of development efforts, including, but not limited to, taxonomy, site columns, content types and metadata.
- Install and configure SharePoint add-ons and third party software and develop applications using these tools as directed.
- Design applications using moderately complex requirements analysis, including use cases, object diagrams, flow charts, technical specifications, interface mock-ups and test plans, including simulated data and unit tests.
- Develop applications. These applications may interface with add-ons, third party software and systems and equipment external to SharePoint and require use of programming techniques and development environments external to SharePoint.
- Resolve moderately complex questions of program intent, input data acquisition, synchronization, output requirements and scalability.
- Participate in the Organization’s Knowledge Management Working Group and provide technical feasibility assessments of proposed requirements.
- Ensure solutions require minimal training to the end user while maintaining high reliability and usability.
- Plan and execute SharePoint end user training.
- Train designated personnel in SharePoint portal administration and website configuration.
Train end users on developed SharePoint applications. Required:
Must have a Secret Clearance and be eligible for a Top Secret
- Must be willing/able to work OCONUS for minimum of one year
- Knowledge of multiple WAN, LAN, and IT technologies; knowledge of standard software application programs
- Expertise in SharePoint 2007 MOSS and SharePoint Server 2010 administration, development, and training
- Experience in SharePoint Designer 2007 and 2010 and SharePoint 2007 and/or 2010 Central Administration
- Expertise in Content Types, Taxonomy, SharePoint Search, Information Management Policies
- Strong communication and presentation skills; shows tact, effective listening skills and follow through
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand information systems and ensure accuracy of work
Ability to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of web development and web processes Desired:
MCITP Certification or equivalent
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
Location: Bagram, Afghanistan
Date Posted: 05-05-2014
Job Title: Portal Administrator / Developer
Job Location: Bagram, Afghanistan
Salary: Depends on Qualifications, Competitive
Clearance: Top Secret; MUST be eligible for upgrade to SCI