DynCorp International LLC. Advisor, Cultural Liaison / RS C-IED in KABUL, Afghanistan
Cultural Liaison / Resolute Support (RS) Counter Improvised Explosive Device (C-IED) Advisor shall act as a liaison between the Afghan Nation Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) and the Coalition's RSM/C-IED to develop an enduring ANDSF capable of conducting C-IED.
- Develop relationships with senior ANDSF leaders within Ministry of Defense (MoD), Office of National Security Council (ONSC), and Ministry of Interior (MoI).
- Coordinate activities between RSM/C-IED and ANDSF organizations (MoD, ONSC, and MoI)
- Conduct independent liaison with ANDSF offices and officials as required for assigned projects.
- Prepare and transmit all required correspondence (electronic, voice, written) for Key Leader Engagements and regular Train, Advise and Assist (TAA) session with the ANDSF.
- Responsible for listening to, understanding, and translating spoken or written statements, laws, policies, regulations, notes, etc. from one language to another to facilitate effective communication between RS C-IED and ANDSF General Officers and senior leadership.
- Directly support the RS C-IED staff with strategic level policy generating products that directly support the train, advise, and assist effort for ANDSF C-IED.
- Without the aid of a linguist or translator, provide multi-echelon C-IED mentoring to the ANDSF relating to planning and executing initiatives that build enduring C-IED capability with the ANDSF with direct engagements that range from daily to infrequent contact.
- Provide direct oversight of the translation of strategic level C-IED correspondence between Coalition and the ANDSF to ensure consistent and accurate messaging between the organizations.
- Assist ANDSF Staff and RS C-IED personnel with the development, management, and continuous refinement of Policies and Regulations to provide C-IED capability across all areas of policy, execution, and administration within the ANDSF.
- Provide support during events and activities that support and enhance the relationships between RSM/Coalition Staff and ANDSF leaders within MoD, ONSC, and MoI.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Fluency in Dari, Pashto, and English.
- Must be able to translate for the Director, RS C-IED, during large meetings and key leader engagements with senior Afghan Officials.
- Ability to effectively create and communicate the results of studies and analyses for senior coalition and ANDSF officials via written reports, briefings, and oral presentations.
- Perform effectively in a complex strategic environment through influence and interactions.
- Strong analytical skills using appropriate quantitative and qualitative tools and methods.
- Automated data processing knowledge including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, graphics presentation, databases, email, and web browsers.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of ten years’ experience working within military organizations at the tactical, operational, and strategic level.
- Must have a final (not interim) DOD Secret Clearance. Clearance must be obtained before deployment and maintained throughout deployment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must pass all medical and fitness requirements directed by US Central Command (CENTCOM) in order to deploy.
- Must be able to operate in harsh and austere conditions of Afghanistan
- Must be capable of daily travel in and around Kabul as well as to locations throughout Afghanistan.
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KABUL
Job Posting: Nov 7, 2016, 5:03:54 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1603906