L-3 Communications Curriculum Designer/Manager, Kabul Afghanistan in Kabul, Afghanistan
- CONTINGENT UPON AWARDOF CONTRACT *
The Curriculum Designer (CD) is responsible for developing courseware for support of classroom and On-The Job (OTJ) maintenance training for Afghan Air Force students on Cessna 208 aircraft. The CD reports to the Training Manager and coordinates with the Instructor staff to identify and develop effective training media which may include writing lesson plans, creating visual presentations, diagrams and graphics. This individual will also interface daily with aircraft maintenance personnel, Dari language interpreters and Afghan Air Force personnel to compile and analyze aircraft technical data for generation of effective and accurate training documentation. US Citizenship and a Secret Security clearance is required. This position is in Afghanistan.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this list as operationally required.
• Interfaces with the other training personnel and maintenance personnel to meet the program requirements and accomplish the training requirements.
• Ensures accurate and timely delivery of training reports and periodic conference calls.
• Develops, reviews, and updates maintenance and familiarization courseware.
• Develops and projects an efficient training schedule to accomplish efficient training.
• Performs duties of an Instructor if needed.
• Remains aware of Cultural differences with Afghan personnel while performing duties.
• Coordinates and plans the processes and procedures for meeting training requirements.
• Analyzes data to determine effectiveness of the training efforts.
• Gives guidance/training to the Instructor staff in the execution and utilization of training materials.
• Interfaces with the USAF personnel, Afghan Air Force personnel and students.
• Assists coworkers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions.
• Exert best efforts to ensure on time accomplishment of all project milestones.
• Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
• Follows all safety procedures and practices as established by the Company and regulatory bodies.
• Performs such other duties as the Training Manager may deem necessary.
• Exhibits positive courteous behavior with customers, businesses and coworkers.
• Maintains and updates of student training records and complies training reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus two (2) years as an aviation maintenance instructor Or, Associate’s Degree plus six (6) years as an aviation maintenance instructor Or High School Diploma or Equivalent plus ten (10) years as an aviation maintenance instructor.
• At least 10 years of experience as a certified aircraft mechanic.
• FAA A&P license in accordance with CFR Title 14.
• At least 5 years of experience maintaining C-208 or similar aircraft.
• At least 1 year of experience instructing in a military or foreign environment.
• Professional understanding of the principles of learning and teaching methods.
• Demonstrated ability to apply principles of learning and teaching methods.
• Thorough technical knowledge of the C-208B aircraft, its support requirements, mission equipment design features, and architectures.
• Military, Government contracting and overseas experience is desired.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Will be required to obtain passport, visas and a Secret Security Clearance.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of computer database and word processing programs.
• Must be able to travel to other locations in Afghanistan, and other countries in South West Asia as required.
• Recent experience on Cessna C-208B or similar aircraft desired.
• Experience working in a military environment preferred.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
• Proficient in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Typing skills and computer knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel a plus.
• Ability to work with USAF and Afghan personnel.
• Must be thoroughly knowledgeable in FAA and OEM maintenance requirements.
• Must possess analytical ability, have a positive attitude, be a self-starter and work well with others.
Must be able to pass Military CRC and Company Requirements.
Knowledge and Skills
• Professional understanding of principles and methods necessary to execute training in Afghan culture.
• Understanding and using the English language both oral and written to communicate information or ideas.
• Familiarity with Government contracting and working in a foreign military environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to Multi Task and to learn quickly.
• Strong attention to details and follow-through skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent time management/ decision-making skills
• Ability to focus on details within a larger context.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and must have the physical ability to lift/handle 50 lbs and perform climbing/stooping as related to the job. Diversity of working conditions may range from standard office environment to inclement weather that may subject the employee to severe changes in temperature, less than adequate lighting, dust, wind, rain and high noise hazards may prevail.
- Position is in Afghanistan. Candidate is subject to thorough medical review and screening, background investigation, drug testing and pre-deployment training. Must pass Army CONUS Replacement Center (CRC) requirements. Candidate will be subject to austere field living conditions with coalition forces. This requires long work hours to support a high tempo operation under difficult conditions.
Will be required to interface with the customer. Position requires OCONUS travel, shift-work in addition to scheduled and unscheduled overtime and weekend/holiday work.
· Will be required to work with and interface daily with Afghan Nationals in an OJT training environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Company Overview :
L-3 Vertex Aerospace is headquartered in Madison, Mississippi with operating locations world-wide. We provide Rotary wing and fixed wing maintenance and logistics services, Expeditionary maintenance -- Quick response staffing support. We are a leading provider of Army Rotary Wing maintenance services, base support services for maintenance, transportation, and supply.
We distinguish ourselves by responsiveness and ability to surge manning, exceed customer performance metrics, through solid, dependable contract performance.
Our markets and customers are all military services, Other Government Agencies (OGA) and select foreign governments.
Visit our website: www.L-3Jobs.com.
L-3 is an Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.L-3 Logistics Solutions (Vertex) has been a part of the Madison and Ridgeland, Mississippi community since moving its headquarters here in 1989. Located just a few miles north of Jackson, South Madison County is one of the fastest growing counties in Mississippi, yet remains a small, friendly community full of rich history and looking forward to a bright future. Madison is sister city to Solleftea, Sweden, home to Tulane University’s sub-campus, and offers the State’s top public, private, and parochial school systems. Whether it be shopping, dining, entertainment or outdoor activities, South Madison County is a desirable place to live and raise a family.
Organization: *Sector - Logistics Solutions-21000028
Title: Curriculum Designer/Manager, Kabul Afghanistan
Requisition ID: 085214