DynCorp International LLC. Facilities Technician in KABUL, Afghanistan
The Facilities Technician performs general maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings requiring practical skill and knowledge (but not proficiency) in such trades as painting, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, and electrical work.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Maintains, repairs, installs, and operates refrigeration, heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, combustible equipment, industrial air compressors and related equipment items.
- Carries out all duties in accordance with DynCorp ISO 9001 Quality and Safety Standards.
- Regularly inspect properties for safety and maintenance problems; make recommendations on replacement versus repair, necessity of upgrading facilities, and cost of such supplies and equipment.
- Maintain policies and procedures, review and evaluate current maintenance program performance.
- Replace electrical receptacles, wires, switches, fixtures, and motors, using plaster or compound to patch minor holes and cracks in walls and ceilings.
- Repair and/or replace sinks, water coolers, and toilets painting structures and equipment as needed
- Repair or replace concrete floors, steps, and sidewalks as needed.
- Replace damaged paneling and floor tiles.
- Hanging doors and installing door locks.
- Replace broken window panes.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment and machinery.
- Ensure the management system(s) such as a Work Order, Preventative Maintenance/Inspections, Projected Labor hours & Inventory; are being utilized properly and efficiently.
- Ensure all DynCorp employees are performing their functions in safe and adequate facilities & grounds to meet our contractual & operational obligations.
- Prioritize workload; follow-up on assignments; to direct and perform quality maintenance (facilities & landscaping services) in a cost-effective manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of facility requirements for support of aircraft maintenance and operations.
- Knowledge of general construction requirements and procedures.
- General knowledge of OHSA requirements for construction and facility and design.
- Able to read and understand technical data, plans/blueprints and publications pertaining to refrigeration air-conditioning systems.
- Able to qualify and operate Material Handling Equipment.
Experience & Education
- Five (5) or more years of Military or civilian experience in the field of refrigeration, heating, ventilation, air conditioning systems, combustible equipment, industrial air compressors and related equipment items
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CMF 21 engineer MOS series or other military/commercial equivalent (21X preferred).
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Normal office environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable. Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions. Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KABUL
Job Posting: Nov 19, 2016, 6:41:20 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: FN-1604045