DynCorp International LLC. Generator Technician-Heavy in KABUL, Afghanistan
Under supervision of the head Generator Mechanic, the Generator Technician will maintain, repair and service Power Generators.
- Responsible for the maintenance and operation of all types of power generation equipment, including but not limited to Catepillar, Perkins, and Honda generators of varying KVA output, up to 1000 KVA.
- Perform provide routine inspection and service of all generators at Camp Ware and EBK.
- Perform repairs, including but not limited to engine overhauls and belt replacements.
- Identify problems with generators and understand safe and efficient outputs levels for all generators on both bases.
- Assist with the fueling of all generators
- Must operate and maintain all power generation equipment and tools in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to interpret and apply manufacturers repair manuals and technical specifications, schematics and engineering drawings and diagnostic codes.
- Requires a basic understanding of a variety of engines.
- Must have the ability to perform maintenance on coolant, oil and fuel systems.
- Requires basic understanding of power generation, electrical safety and engine maintenance.
- Utilize electrical math formulas to meet the specifications of a proper load test.
- Understand voltage, amperage, frequency and poser factors.
- Understand the basic principles of electricity.
Experience & Education
- 5+ years experience operating and maintaining diesel and gas generators.
- High School Education preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- No travel outside greater Monrovia area anticipated other than to the Base Camps.
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KABUL
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2016, 11:42:53 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: FN-1603948