DynCorp International LLC. Mechanic, RW Lead UH-1HII in KABUL, Afghanistan
Job Summary Responsible to the Maintenance Supervisor for the Maintenance Production schedule. Establishes work and production schedules to meet the mission requirements. Assigns maintenance priorities and personnel to assist other mechanics and sections as required.
- Directs the maintenance effort by supervising and directing the actions of the maintenance personnel.
- Enforces the precautions and requirements prescribed by the fire, FOD prevention, housekeeping, tool control, safety programs and company SOPs.
- Ensures ground support equipment is properly maintained, stored and utilized.
- Supervises all required aircraft servicing tasks.
- Monitors all tasks associated with ground movement of aircraft.
- Schedules aircraft conditional inspections, unscheduled maintenance, phase inspections and other assigned tasks to determine airworthiness.
- Uses schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications, military and civilian, in operating, testing, removing, repairing, and replacing all aircraft systems and components.
- Reviews aircraft records and maintenance actions in aircraft records and does associated documentation as necessary to comply with directives.
- Advises instructs and has oversight of INL/A Rotary Wing Mechanics in basic aircraft maintenance practices and specific tasks to maintain assigned helicopters, if tasked.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- FAA Air Frame & Power Plant certificate is required or equivalent home country certification.
- CMF 15 aviation MOS series or other military/commercial equivalent.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of military, commercial and FAA technical publications.
- Must possess knowledge of aircraft sub-systems, including maintenance parameters, systems operation, limitations, and technical orders.
- Currently possess or have the ability to obtain a U.S. Passport before assignment if U.S. citizen.
- Possess or have the Ability to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) through Department of State Background Investigation or full Background Investigation through host nation US Embassy if TCN/FN; a condition of continued employment. A current MRPT is desired.
Experience & Education
- Eight (8) years minimum aircraft maintenance experience with five (5) years of experience on one or more of the assigned aircraft.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to twelve (12) hours per day and sit for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Must be able to perform rated crewmember duties during mission operations
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- Must be able to routinely climb/descend stairs.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print, maps, aeronautical charts, and weather charts.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above/below shoulders.
- Must be able to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must meet or exceed Federal Aviation Administration minimum visual acuity and hearing standards for Class II medical certificate.
- Must be physically capable of climbing vertical ladders or built-in aircraft steps to heights of 10-12 feet.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds to a height of four (4) feet and be required to lift up to 20 pounds to a height of seven (7) feet.
- May be exposed to rapid or extreme temperature changes.
Must be able to travel to and between remote locations in austere and/or hostile environments. May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure. May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft. May be exposed to fumes, gas, airborne particles, chemical mist, vapors, ultra-violet and infrared radiation. May be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Travel to and between OCONUS and OCONUS locations as requested is required.
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KABUL
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2016, 3:42:16 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: INL-1603859