DynCorp International LLC. Staff Officer, National Military Command Center Mentor to the ANDSF in KABUL, Afghanistan
Staff Officer, National Military Command Center (NMCC) Mentor to the Afghan National Defense Security Force (ANDSF), CJ33 ANDSF Operations mentor shall maintains internal and external lines of communications and information flow accurate 24/7 within Resolute Support (RS) HQs and ANSDF Leadership
- Serves as Shift Director, Liaison Officer (LNO) and Mentor to the National Military Coordination Center Joint Operations Center (NMCC JOC).
- Maintains adequate levels of supervision with NMCC Staff and Shift Director to ensure that the accurate level and consistency in the flow of information to the RS HQ Coalition Joint Operations Center (CJOC) is maintained. This information should be accurate, full scoped, and consistent with the appropriate level of the target audience: RS and Afghanistan Senior Leadership.
- Works in coordination with RS CJOC ANDSF Operations to validate and ensure that all modes of information provided by NMCC to RS CJOC are accurate.
- Incumbent provides instruction – formal and informal, including the conduct of table top exercise, exercise without troops, and practical exercises (through an interpreter) within the NMCC.
- Establishes and maintains complete daily visibility on the duties and responsibilities of all NMCC JOC staff, to include the assessment, progress and evaluation of the staff performance and products on a daily basis.
- Ensure the NMCC staff is capable of developing a Common Operating Picture (COP)
- Develop staff in the conduct of daily and weekly Operational Synchronization Cycle
- Develop staff in the implementation of Battle Drills
- Improve staff tasking and proper utilization of ISR capabilities
- Develop and implement an NMCC Targeting Process (primarily dynamic targeting)
- Ensure staff Incorporates Legal Advisors (LEGAD) and Law of land Warfare considerations into the operational planning cycle
- Develop MOD Contingency Plans and Crisis Management Planning
- Ensures that the staff develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) in its daily planning cycle
- Develop a Consequence management System
- Ensure the staff is trained in the prioritization of operations that properly supports the Main Effort and Supporting Efforts
- Enhance accuracy of reporting
- Integrate Intelligence into Operations at the NMCC level
- Create internal assessment mechanisms, that improves NMCC capacity building and facilitates internal improvement
- Promotes a Digital Networking to develop an automated COP
- Develop Training Plans for new and current NMCC personnel
- Develop training curriculums for software and other technological improvements within the NMCC
- Develop standards for clearance of fires procedures and air space de-confliction processes
- Develop Logistics SOPs to maintained Ground Line of Communications (GLOCs) and accurate levels of supplies to sustain long range operations
- Develop and implement Commander's Critical Information Requirements (CCIR), Friendly Force Information Requirements (FFIR), and Priority Intelligence Requirements (PIR)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiar with NATO planning tools and planning processes. Knowledge of MoD Afghanistan procedures is a plus.
- Understanding of the Military Decision Making Process.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must demonstrate creative problem solving skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team equally well.
- Ability to implement staffing procedures and prior experience assisting and mentoring at senior levels.
- Familiar with training capabilities, curriculum planning, capacity building, and resourcing.
- Familiar with the Military Decision Making Process.
Experience & Education
- Previous experience at the 05 level or above with significant experience in advising operations at the general officer level.
- NATO, Command and General Staff College, or National Staff Officer’s Course - equivalent.
- Brigade, Division, or Higher Staff experience or other primary staff responsibility for Operations planning and execution in a Brigade or Division Tactical Operations Center, Division or Corps Main command Post or higher.
- 8-10 years’ experience within a joint, interagency, multinational environment. Experience in Operations Centers at the Brigade or higher level.
- Must have a final (Not Interim) DoD Secret Level Security Clearance before deployment and maintain that clearance.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must pass all medical and fitness requirements directed by US Central Command (CENTCOM) in order to deploy.
- Must be able to operate in harsh and austere conditions of Afghanistan
- Must be capable of daily travel in and around Kabul as well as to locations throughout Afghanistan
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KABUL
Job Posting: Nov 10, 2016, 4:00:29 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1603937