DynCorp International LLC. Supply Technician Maintenance in KABUL, Afghanistan
Job Summary The Supply Technician is responsible for inventory control and upkeep, shipping and receiving duties, cyclical inventories, property book management, and records updates. All duties are performed in accordance with the applicable Letters of Instruction and Logistics plan.
- Provide quality assurance for all activities performed by assigned unit Supply Clerks, Mechanics, Technicians, and other personnel in customer service, processing material requests, research and cataloging, repair cycle management, database management, stock control status reporting, and material release orders.
- Provide guidance in processing military requisitions of aircraft and support supplies.
- Interpret company/DoS policies from DOD/military language to remedy problems and minimize delays in obtaining supplies.
- Assist in logistics problem solving on site.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Lead to define and maintain the necessary Stock Objectives of parts and components while continuously monitoring of historical demand data for the items contained in those lists.
- Use automated logistics management systems, Fed Log, and other cataloging techniques to verify stock numbers, part numbers, and technical data; cross-references manufacturer's part numbers.
- Maintain database to track requisitions, shipping, and all supply transactions.
- Maintain records of all transactions, workload statistics, and prepares reports on all transactions.
- Control stocks of repairable aircraft and support equipment components to ensure replenishing stocks are ordered to fill customer requirements.
- Monitor status of repairable components shipped to depot/for repair/overhaul.
- Provide a weekly report to the Site Manager on the status of parts and supply requisitions, sensitive items, cyclical inventory control and supply accountability.
- Perform other duties as may be directed by responsible authority, in the pursuit of an effective Logistics Program to ensure a satisfactory end product.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Completion of a U.S. military storekeeper or military supply occupational specialty course is desirable.
- Comprehensive knowledge of military logistics systems, cross-leveling procedures, repair and condition codes, research techniques and methods is mandatory.
- Computer literacy is mandatory.
- An extensive knowledge of military aircraft and military aviation supply and maintenance procedures is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of SARSS I or ULLS-A Supply System. (Equivalent DI automatic supply systems AWIS) This may be obtained through On Job Training (OJT) or previous experience.
- Able to gain a working knowledge of the Logistics Plan and other Letters of Instruction through OJT.
- Able to become familiar with DynCorp and DoS INL/A procurement procedures through OJT, using DA Pam 710-2, DA Pam 725-50 and the Defense Logistics Assistance (DLA) customer service handbook.
- Knowledge of military requisitioning process, or the commercial equivalent is desirable.
- Currently possess or have the ability to obtain a U.S. Passport before assignment if U.S. citizen.
- Possess or have the Ability to obtain and maintain a Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT) through Department of State Background Investigation or full Background Investigation through host nation US Embassy if TCN/FN; a condition of continued employment. A current MRPT is desired.
Experience & Education
- Five (5) or more years of experience in aviation logistics functions and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for up to six hours per day and sit for up to two hours per day.
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders and work stands.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of four feet and be required to lift up to 35 pounds to height of 7 feet.
- May be required to read aircraft dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
- Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
- Must be able to read and interpret newspaper and typewritten print.
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sounds.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three dimensional depths.
- May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
- Must have minimum 20/100 near and far vision, correctable to 20/20.
- Be able to travel to and between remote location(s) in austere or inhospitable high stress environments.
- May be required to respond to a wide variety of operational circumstances, including extreme weather conditions and rudimentary infrastructure.
- May be exposed to extreme noise from turbine and jet engine aircraft.
- May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
- Travel to and between CONUS and OCONUS locations is required.
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KABUL
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2016, 1:23:25 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: INL-1603864