DynCorp International LLC. Carpenter in KANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The Carpenter performs carpentry duties to maintain building woodwork and associated equipment in good repair.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Performs general maintenance and repair of existing structures.
- Interpret Work Orders and Service Order Requests for manufacturing/repairing carpentry items.
- Plan and lay out work from blueprints, drawings, models, and verbal instructions by making standard shop computations, selecting necessary materials, and using a variety of carpenter hand tools, portable power tools, and standard measuring instruments.
- Responsible for the upkeep of workshop tools and machinery to include sharpening of saws using hand file or power tools.
- Manufacture wooden structures, decks, steps, etc. according to specifications.
- Prepare bracing and blocking for shipment of equipment and materials.
- Keep assigned area clean in accordance with requirements.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to interpret blueprints and use basic math skills to calculate accurate measurements and supplies needed.
- Knowledge of storage and preservation of building materials
- Proper operation of basic power tools.
- Ability to interact professionally with customers and trades people.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English preferred.
- Additional knowledge and skills will vary by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in carpentry including rough framing, finish carpentry, metal stud framing, and/or drywall hanging.
- Well-rounded training usually acquired through formal apprenticeship or trade school.
- FN: One (1) year trade school certification
- Additional requirements will vary by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KANDAHAR
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2016, 9:39:32 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1604069