DynCorp International LLC. GIS Auto CAD Planner in KANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The GIS / AutoCAD Planner acts as liaison between design, review, construction, and using agencies. Responsible for maintaining and updating all geospatial information.
- Develop engineering designs, perform drafting duties, and interpret rough engineering sketches to produce working drawings using manual and CAD techniques. Produce architectural, structural, civil, mechanical, and electrical drawings.
- Update GIS Base Maps, maintain record drawings and as-builts, and plot and reproduce drawings
- Perform surveying duties, conduct reconnaissance, site location, construction, and mapping surveys while operating manual and electronic surveying equipment. Collect, convert, and present field survey data for engineering projects.
- Link computerized maps to databases displaying detailed information via the web. Create geographic coverages.
- Develop accurate geospatial reports, apply cartography techniques to use raw geographical information for mapping and geospatial purposes.
- Develop database structures, create and populate feature codes, link graphical data to relational databases, and develop query routines for end-user applications
- Perform simple load calculations for horizontal and vertical construction. Act as liaison between design, review, construction, and using agencies.
- Prepare engineering sketches and CAD drawings, specifications, and cost estimates. Develop, operate, and maintain GIS modules.
- Utilize surveying technology to include Global Positioning System (GPS). Evaluate potential construction sites.
- Support contingency operations. Develop bed-down plans to house personnel, aircraft, equipment, and associated support functions during contingency operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Civil 3D and ArcGIS software, with have extensive experience with AutoCAD
- Ability to follow spoken instructions
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees, managers and customers.
- Knowledge of various computer programs required (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook).
- Exercise good judgment, ability to multi task and work under time constraints.
- Ability to work independently with good decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of ESRI’s ArcGIS version 10.1
- Demonstrated proficiency with engineering drawings and Tri-service GIS standards to ensure standardization across maps and as-built drawings
Experience & Education
- Associate’s Degree in Drafting and Design or Geospatial Information Systems Technical Engineering
- Certified as a Level III CADD Operator
- 3-5 years’ experience in CADD, ESRI, and geospatial and/or geographical information system operations or analysis to supervise and execute the services required
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KANDAHAR
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2016, 10:09:57 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1604076