DynCorp International LLC. Waste Management Supv in KANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The Waste Management Supervisor oversees the Waste Management Department daily activities. Responsible for supervising the activities of several crews separating and recycling the FOB Solid Waste; and the collection, storage, processing and disposition of grey and black water.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the assembly, installation and repair and maintenance of incinerators and related equipment.
- Manages and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the operation, maintenance and repair of waste water treatment equipment and facilities.
- Oversees waste management services provided by independent subcontractors
- Ensures department work is effectively scheduled and balanced and that service is provided in accordance with the PWS and the SOP. Ensures SOP/SOW is strictly adhered to.
- Estimates amount of work hours, materials and supplies needed.
- Inspects and passes on all completed work for compliance with the requirements of the work order for adherence to trades standards.
- Prepares daily work schedules. Prioritizes and oversees implementation of daily workload demands versus availability of equipment and personnel.
- Directs the work of skilled and semi-skilled employees and their unskilled helpers and/or apprentices.
- Provides safety training to all Waste Management employees. Assists with training of personnel in the proper operation and maintenance of the equipment.
- Ensures all permits are obtained for projects requiring dig permits, confined space entry, power outages, lock-out/tag-out, and any other required permits.
- Secures the cooperation of other crafts/trades supervisors and instills within the assigned electrical staff the cooperative attitude necessary for working closely with other maintenance trade workers.
- Coordinates with O&M; and MHE for support when needed.
- May at times be required to perform actual maintenance and repair work.
- Inventories and keeps records of materials and supplies received, used and held in stock. Protects property from abuse and/or misuse.
- Documents notable incident of individual work performance, safety practices, and concerns.
- Administers disciplinary actions according to the DynCorp rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Considerable knowledge of practices and equipment necessary to manage a Waste Management Site
- In depth knowledge of the USFOR A.
- Knowledge of the operation and the use of the solid waste Incinerator.
- Knowledge of the operation and use of medical waste incinerators
- Knowledge of the operation and use of waste water treatment equipment and facilities
- Knowledge of methods and procedures for scheduling.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Ability to develop and execute effective strategies.
- Demonstrated experience leading a successful organization in achieving consistency of service, orientation to clients or customers and operational efficiency.
- A progressive record of successful program optimization, implementation of best industry practices and change management.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- Five (5) years of experience in the Waste Management Field (Solid and Waste Water).
- Three (3) years of experience leading a crew.
- Experience in a high volume, international operations environment.
- Combustion Technology Training Certificate preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KANDAHAR
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2016, 5:37:39 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1604165