DynCorp International LLC. Water Purification Foreman in KANDAHAR, Afghanistan
Oversees the production of water for the client by supervising the operation and maintaining reverse osmosis or other water purification equipment.
- Oversee ROWPU Operators in the performance of their duties.
- Enforce safety standards and conduct on-the-job-training.
- Must make rapid, appropriate decisions to improve simple to complex problems, keeping safety a priority.
- Possess understanding of how bladders affect plant operation and their potential safety hazards.
- Ability to recognize symptoms of equipment maintenance issues (i.e. membrane fouling/scaling and take corrective actions and provide critical path maintenance planning and support).
- Mechanical ability to facilitate diagnosis and repair or water treatment equipment; calibrate and maintain inline instrumentation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Effective computer and communication skills
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. unassisted, and work in extreme climate, in awkward positions, safely with hazardous chemicals, on day/night shift, and must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Possess basic water plant hydraulic and electromechanical operation and troubleshooting skills
- Possess basic understanding of water treatment techniques and equipment used in the reverse osmosis process
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Typically, two (2) to four (4) years of experience. At least one (1) year of experience in a Foreman position
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Living and working conditions at the assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
Primary Location: AFGHANISTAN-OCONUS-KANDAHAR
Job Posting: Nov 28, 2016, 12:04:46 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 1604137