Camber Corporation A&P Specialist - 15050 in Afghanistan
Camber Corporation is seeking an A&P Specialist to join our diverse, team-oriented company that is customer focused- employee driven. The successful candidate will join our team of exceptionally dedicated professionals in an exciting and rewarding fast-paced highly successful company.
FAA Airframe and Powerplant License required. Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent and 2 or more years of mechanical/aviation/maintenance experience. Must possess: (1) full knowledge of the job requirements and a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job; (2) ability to obtain and maintain DOD Secret security clearance; (3) ability to travel six to eight (6-8) months per year; (4) knowledge of computer applications and operations pertinent to the field; (5) intermediate leadership, organization, planning, and delegation skills; and (6) strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees and both military and civilian customers. Ability to work both independently and in a team is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Under general supervision performing routine work and detailed instructions for special testing and/or activities, this position is responsible tor providing flight line and ground support to include but not limited to towing, refueling, defueling, and launch and recovery of aircraft; may troubleshoot aircraft and system to determine related problems. Provides technical assistance in mechanical and inspection work. Assists with the development and review of new processes and procedures. Assists in training programs as required.
1. Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
2. Inspects airframe, power plant, and propeller components at regular intervals as per company approved procedures and/or government technical order requirements. Certify on aircraft records that aircraft are in a condition safe for flight.
3. Repair fuel or oil leaks or engine problems as required.
4. Remove and replace airframe components as required.
5. Troubleshoot and repair aircraft independently while on deployment to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
6. Perform all launch and recovery tasks of aircraft to include ground operations, preflight items, ground observer responsibilities, and post flight items.
7. Test, maintain and operate ground equipment.
8. Assist in the training of new A&P Specialists.
9. Assist with new power plant development as required.
10. Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
** positions are contingent upon funding being awarded / released.
Camber Corporation is headquartered in Huntsville, AL. Founded in 1990, we have over 106 locations worldwide. We provide responsive engineering services and technical support to our customers worldwide. Camber recognizes its employees are its greatest asset, and customer-focused efforts are the primary reason for its success. Key competencies include Information Technology, Homeland Security including support for the development of Chemical and Biological defensive systems, Training and Education including Distributed/Distance Learning, development of Decision Support Systems, Modeling and Simulation, Systems Engineering, and Software Engineering. Camber Corporation provides simulation based tools and services for training, mission planning, rehearsal, after action reviews, virtual reality command and control, and engineering analysis. Camber Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled