L-3 Communications Logistics Mgr 2 (Lead Logistics) JM- OCONUS in Afghanistan
Performs and monitors management (and procedural application) of manual or automated inventory control actions. Computes and accumulates data for use in analysis. Performs inventories, and ensures timely correction of discrepancies. Prepares, analyses, and evaluates reports, procedures, and policy data. Provides customer service. Provide support to maintenance activities. Obtains material required for equipment modification, periodic component exchange, and bills of material in support of maintenance.
Inspects and identifies property. Inspects conditions of property received. Compares property with orders to ensure correct parts received. Issues and transfers property. Issues, ships, or transfers property from issue, shipping, or transfer destination points through coordination with customers. Controls issue of classified sensitive and controlled items, obtaining custody or document receipts. Pulls, issues, and bins property.
Additional Logistic Team Lead responsibilities above the day-to-day activities include, but not limited to:
- Schedules and manages 100% cycle inventory counts and reconciliations.
- Responsible for training new hires. Identifies training needs for current employees and coordinates a training schedule with Site Manager and Program Management Office (PMO) based on those needs. May include site specific requirements, such as: tracking and scheduling intersite MilAir shipments, building up 463L pallets to meet Mobility Air Command standards, forklift certification, etc.
- Ensures that procedures and policies are followed in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures along with company policies.
- Coordinates inventory needs with maintenance and other subcontractors.
- Supports weekly meetings with PMO and any other meetings as required by Site Manager/PMO.
- Tracks location and individual specific metrics for use in performance evaluation. Runs reports and reviews each logisticians work performed and directs accordingly.
- Works hand in hand with the site manager to ensure that logistical concerns are addressed optimally.
- Maintains work schedule and communicates any changes to the proper channels. Assigns job specific task to each logistician at the start of each rotation such DIFMs, DUIs, TAQ reorder report, etc.
Additional duties may be required as directed by Management.
Bachelor degree with six years (6 ) of diverse logistics experience required. However, military training and eight (8) years of directly related experience may substitute.
- Applicant must be a US citizen, meet US military standards for deployment, and possess a valid US Passport and driver's license.
- The applicant must a minimum of three (3) years management experience and possess excellent managerial skills as they will manage and mentor a diverse team of logistics and facility maintenance professionals.
- Must have the expertise to support the technical aspect of the program while interjecting logistical knowledge in order to meet and adapt to the needs of the site.
- Excellent verbal, oral, and writing communication skills required.
Computer / Automation Equipment Skills: Must be proficient with the MS Office suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook) and be able to operate general office equipment (e.g., copiers, faxes, calculators, etc.).
/Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity./
Organization: *C3 & Special Programs-20002557
Title: Logistics Mgr 2 (Lead Logistics) JM- OCONUS
Requisition ID: 085497