DynCorp International LLC. Applications Specialist in OCONKABUL, Afghanistan
The Applications Specialist coordinates, directs, and integrates the company’s applications for the purpose of smooth business-to-business and business-to-customer transactions. This includes the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s business applications and e-business strategies for leveraging organizational procedures and processes. This individual is also responsible for working closely with operations and company staff to ensure the design, implementation, and administration of the company’s business applications.
- Support, develop, and communicate applications usage, security policies, and standards to all clients, partners, and other users.
- Collaborate with database administrator to integrate databases with data-driven Web applications.
- Monitor and report on system traffic, usage, and performance in order to identify both successes and areas for improvement.
- Establishing a trouble call log for hardware and software problem tracking.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new features and applications in conjunction with business requirements.
- Assist in installing, testing, debugging, maintaining and documenting Web applications using the appropriate tools.
- Liaise with systems experts on hardware and software and communications/bandwidth issues that affect business-to-business and business-to-customer transactions, supporting-systems availability.
- Completing daily System duties (Verification of the nightly system backup, responding to electronic mail and file error messages, verification of sufficient hard disk storage space to accommodate routine system processes)
- Coordinating all future system expansion efforts.
Perform additional duties as assigned. Knowledge & Skills
Excellent understanding of IT/Web infrastructure, communications, marketing, and customer service principles
- Strong understanding of Blackboard Transaction System overall software or similar system for debit, privilege account authentication, security preferred.
- Knowledge of PCI compliance preferred.
- Strong understanding of Blackboard transact application or similar sytem including import/exports, utilities, customer records and reports preferred.
- Hands-on experience with software practices, relational databases, and data-driven web applications.
- Strong understanding of other Internet based applications and suites.
- Working knowledge of authoring, protocols, and publishing tools.
- Hands-on experience with web-database integration and SQL Server database platforms.
- Thorough knowledge of human-to-computer interaction and graphical user interface design.
- Understanding of project management and configuration management principles.
- Understanding of systems integration principles.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging system and e-business trends.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Very strong customer service orientation.
Experience & Education
College diploma or university degree in the field of business, computer science or equivalent related work experience.
- Certifications in ITL, ISO/IEC 20000 preferred.
- Experience in gathering, analyzing, and meeting business requirements.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Possess a current Passport.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Physically fit to stand and bend for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Mandatory use of appropriate Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Job: *IT / Software Development
Title: Applications Specialist
Requisition ID: 1801728