DynCorp International LLC. Firefighter-EMT in OCONKABUL, Afghanistan
TheFirefighter-EMTis responsible for protecting lives and property from fire by performing rescue and fire fighting operations that involve fires, vehicle accidents, and natural disasters.
Principal Accountabilities *
- Perform search, rescue, and fire fighting operations involving fires, accidents, floods, bomb incidents, and spillage of dangerous substances
- Safely and efficiently operate emergency response vehicles, equipment, and tools
- Operate hand and power tools to ventilate structures, position and climb ladders, pull hoses from truck bed and connect to hydrant and pump apparatus, and operate water charged hose lines of various sizes to combat fires
- Operate pumps, foam generators, boom and ground sweep nozzles, and other similar equipment
- Perform salvage and overhaul operations to minimize damage
- Participate in station drills and emergency procedures training
- Respond to hazardous materials emergencies in accordance with requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills *
- Ability to make sound decisions quickly under stressful conditions and perform duties under hazardous conditions requiring considerable physical exertion
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and non-verbally
- Ability to work effectively with others
Experience & Education *
- Minimum one (1) year experience in fire fighting
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer Associate’s Degree
- Must have a valid State driver's license and an Emergency Vehicle Operator certification.
- International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC), DOD, or National Pro-Board Certifications as Fire Fighter I, Firefighter II, HAZMAT Awareness Hazardous Materials Operations, Apparatus Driver Operator-Pumpe and ARFF vehicle (if responsible for Airport), Apparatus Driver Operator-Mobile Water Supply (MWS).
- Valid National or State Registry Emergency Medical Technician - Basic License.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain Structural Collapse and Rescue certification prior to deployment
Physical Requirements/Working Environment *
- Capable of performing all duties of interior structural firefighting (OSHA 1910.156 requirement)
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Job: *Fire Fighter / Prevention Worker
Requisition ID: 1705197