DynCorp International LLC. Air Traffic Controller in OCONKANDAHAR, Afghanistan
The Air Traffic Controller provides for the safe, orderly, and expeditious flow of air traffic in the assigned airspace or airport and assists aircraft in distress or emergency situations.
Principal Accountabilities (Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
- Receive, post, and relay flight data information, clearances, and messages.
- Issue arrival and departure instructions, weather information, and special advisories to aircraft operating under their control.
- Issue information and clearances for properly separating and sequencing aircraft.
- Coordinate with other controllers, facilities, and agencies to provide prompt ATC services.
- Coordinate arrival and departure times with flight operations.
- Assist aircraft in emergency or distress situations.
- Issue taxiing instructions to aircraft and vehicles on the ground.
- Make sure trainees receive on-the-job training.
- Maintain facility training records, logs, and recordings.
- Perform operator-level equipment checks and advise maintenance personnel and Facility Chief of any outages.
- Follow FAA, ICAO, DOD, and host nation aviation regulations and procedures.
- Coordinate ramp and refuel services for aircraft.
- Assist in facility operations as directed by Shift Leader.
Perform other qualified duties as assigned Knowledge & Skills
Fully proficient in English (Verbal/Written).
Basic computer skills. Experience & Education
High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of a US military air traffic control school or FAA Academy.
- Military MOS Army 15Q training preferred.
Three (3) or more years of commercial and / or military experience in air traffic services.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Ability to pass Class 4 Army flight physical or FAA Class 2 Flight Physical
- Ability to work night and day shift in hot desert environment.
- Some heavy lifting may be required.
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally
Must have ability to obtain and maintain US security clearance at proper level
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Air Traffic Controller
Requisition ID: 1800449