SOS International LLC Information Environment Monitoring Analyst in Afghanistan
For 28 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
EXOVERA-170831-5996: Information Environment Monitoring Analyst
Location Overseas - Afghanistan
Open Date 9/1/2017
Exovera, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SOS International (SOSi), has an immediate need for an Information Environment Monitoring Analyst who will be responsible for tracking and developing metrics and conducting assessments and analyses related to the media and associated scholarly articles, professional journals, “think tank” publications, serials and trade publications. Work will include providing content, reports and analytics from the Exovera EV3 monitoring platform. Work might also include some monitoring local, regional and international print, broadcast, and social media sources. Appropriate information will be summarized in English-language reports and analytic briefings sent to customers.
The ideal candidate will have a post-graduate degree in International Relations, Political Science, History, Sociology, or related field and some experience with the local media and political environment. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, as well as general knowledge and interest in global current events, international politics and the like, are required.
This position is on-base in Kabul, Afghanistan.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide summaries and briefings as required
- Report daily and other periodic trends
- Provide professional analyses of media reports, broadcasts and/or transmissions and related scholarly articles, professional journals, “think tank”publications, serials and trade publications to support our government customer
- Monitor and assess media reporting and related scholarly articles, professional journals, “think tank” publications, serials and trade publications, able to identify trendrelated to topics and themes, outlets, messengers, tonality and bias, as well as potential impacts on the mission
- Provide cultural context and understanding of the region’s social, economic, and political landscapeConduct accurate summarizations of media reports, broadcasts and/or transmissions
- Ability to write and speak with clear and concise grammar and pronunciation in English
- Possess a Secret Security Clearance
- Possess a Master’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, History, Sociology, or a related social science field
- At minimum, two years of demonstrably relevant and highly analytic work experienceStrong interest and knowledge of global current events
- Sophisticated understanding of the local and regional political environment (experience on Afghanistan issues especially desirable)
- Familiarity with Afghan culture and politics through work or study a major asset
- Ability to write in clear professional, error-free, and concise English
- Relevant monitoring and analysis experience, and skill at objective analysis
- Experience in quantitative analysis and media analytics applications is a major plus
- Comfort and experience disseminating information in a high-paced environment
- Understanding of norms regarding effective use of social media?
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of software
- Provide 72 monitoring hours per week. This analyst is required to workonsite
- Living conditions are on base, but in an austere environment