SOS International LLC Social Sciences Subject Matter Expert in Afghanistan
For 28 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-180212-6622: Social Sciences Subject Matter Expert
Location Overseas - Afghanistan
Open Date 2/12/2018
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Social Sciences Subject Matter Expert (SME) in support of our United States Government (USG) customer by providing expert advice and assistance with regard to specific social sciences issues. These individuals shall possess highly specialized academic and professional backgrounds and shall be able to brief and communicate at the General Officer level. This position will report to the Section Leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
• Advises and assists military decision makers on social sciences research methodologies, statistical analysis, and quantitative and qualitative public opinion research
• Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills to liaise effectively with senior U.S., Coalition, and Afghan Government leaders. Work products must be of General Officer or Senior Executive level quality
• US citizenship with a current DOD SECRET security clearance. TOP SECRET may be required, dependent on position
• Bachelor's Degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
• Three (3) years applied or academic experience in social sciences disciplines
• Possess a demonstrated understanding of Southwest Asia and Afghanistan in particular, acquired by personal experience or professional study
• Demonstrated knowledge of and experience analyzing the culture, religions, ethnicities, tribes, politics, history, economics, and other sociological aspects of Afghanistan and other countries in Southwest and Central Asia directly advising USFOR-A
• Willing and able to live and work with USFOR-A forces in austere conditions across Afghanistan daily, function effectively and efficiently in a combat zone during extended periods of high pressure and stress, and operate outside the military secure zones.
• Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
• Working proficiency in Microsoft Office Power Point, Excel, and Word required
• Organize and properly prioritize work assignments and function well in an environment that requires constant multi-tasking - and often long hours
• Excellent written, oral, briefing, interpersonal and technical skills
• Dari and/or Pashtu language proficiency desired
• Disclose business interests, commercial relationships, or real property owned in Southwest and Central Asia, to prevent conflicts of interest
• Live and work with military customers in austere conditions across Afghanistan daily
• Function effectively and efficiently in a combat zone, during extended periods of high pressure and stress